EPSRC has awarded the University an Impact Acceleration Account, to promote wider and more effective engagement with the impact agenda.
The Account provides the University with resources to deliver impact and work on the exploitation of outcomes from its EPSRC research portfolio, with the key objective of shortening the time to impact. The IAA brings together a number of previous initiatives to provide more flexibility, including support for secondments, early stage commercialisation, developing new partnerships and reaching out to researchers who do not normally engage in commercialisation activities.
More information on the RCUK research impact agenda is available from the RCUK Pathways to Impact webpage.
The Impact Acceleration Account has 6 key objectives:
- To increase the number of researchers and academics involved in knowledge transfer
- To improve the effectiveness of our knowledge transfer activities
- To improve communications between the research base and funders
- To establish closer working partnerships with business and with the Cambridge cluster
- To increase the success rate in commercialising research outcomes
- To increase the flow of researchers between the University and business